Savage model 99a 375 inherited

It takes vert little room, and even less time…..if you're only loading for some occasional shooting and a little hunting!

I was living in a small apartment once….built a little, very solid bench that was about 3 feet long and 18"deep.

It was a place to mount the press, the case trimmer, and stack a few components that I was using…..with some bench left over. Heck, you can prime your cases with a hand primer and charge your cases on the kitchen table using a powder balance and funnel….then go back to your press for the seating step. memtb
OK that's sounds pretty doable like I said I used to be a pretty avid hunter. Work doesn't leave me much free time. So basically I could get a bench in my shed set up.

OK that's sounds pretty doable like I said I used to be a pretty avid hunter. Work doesn't leave me much free time. So basically I could get a bench in my shed set up.
It is extremely doable. Shoot, I may even have a Ideal/Lyman 310 handpress with 375 dies laying around here somewhere. That wouldn't take up more than a shoe box size space.

My set-up in my first home, early '70's, I shared a very small utility room with my wife's washer/dryer. There was barely enough room for me to stand and my tiny bench, and had a few shelves above my "tiny"……don't remember it's size.!

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention"! 😉 memtb

If you are intent on selling it, have it appraised by a certified firearms appraiser specializing in 99's so you know the real value instead of from meatheads on an Internet forum. You will get a lot of offers but so what? Find out what it is really worth and go from there.

Heck, I bet someone will offer trade 700ADL 30-06 even up!🤮 Maybe even with World Class Tasco scope on it.🤮

Good luck!
You gave great advice to the young man. I agree 100 percent. You almost had a deal until you offered the tasco world class no less. LMAO

I was born and raised in a small town between New orleans and baton rouge I usually hunt the marshs and swamps. Now I live towards the tip of the boot so it's alot of hills and fields. This the reason why I was looking for a longer range than my ole 3030
This is why you should trade me this rifle that you said lacks sentimental value for a tack driver that you can use.

Hello everyone my grandfather recently passed amd I was willed this gun. What should I do? The ammo is pretty rare amd the brass are as well. Should I trade,sell, or just store the gun. I have not gone to pick it up
Also, keep this rifle. It's apiece of amgic, even if you don't appreciate it now. You will.

I just don't want to make a rash decision or one I will regret down the road
My grandpa gave me a lot of stuff when i was in my 20's. I didn't value most of them then, and deeply regret letting those items go, now that I'm much older. They were just stuff to him then, but to me, of the very few things I do have left, they tie me to him. Sentiment, it's an odd thing.
As far as humidity, that's easily resolved. Here in Oregon, the humidity problem is one of rapidly changing weather conditions.
I have two safes, in my garage both heated and with dehumidifiers, but weather can be 50°F / 30% humidity here for days, and then shift to 65° and 80% humidity in ten minutes. I have the safes isolated so the air exchange and thermal variance is minimized. The reloading gear is exposed to much greater swings.
For my guns and all non-stainless steel tools, I have used a myriad of products, mostly with success. However, after the recommendation from a friend, I exclusively use Hinder-Rust and very lightly wipe guns and tools down. Almost a year into it It's been amazing.
You can find it on Amazon or directly from Hinder-Rust.

Well to me it would be ashame to sell it and to a lot of other people on this forum. Because most of them aren't right in the head.Their gun looney crazy that the news and government warns everyone about. It would really be hard for me to give up anything that was an inheritance. That said in the end stuff is just stuff and nobody can take it with them. Side note 38-55 brass comes in two different lengths and two different bullet sizes. The Winchester 94s used the shorter brass and .375 bullets. Marlin older 336 used the longer brass and .380 diameter bullets. While you can shoot the .375 dia bullets in a .380 bore it won't work so well the other way around. Try finding the correct brass. Buffalo Arms in Idaho has a lot of older cartridges and brass for sale or try Track of the wolf to. Reloading is a hobby that some people will not like . Try to find someone to show you first and then make a decision on how you want to spend your time and money. Good luck with your choice.

Recent Posts