Savage model 99a 375 inherited

Hello everyone my grandfather recently passed amd I was willed this gun. What should I do? The ammo is pretty rare amd the brass are as well. Should I trade,sell, or just store the gun. I have not gone to pick it up
Great gun!! Have fun with it. Was raised with 99's. My father and all 10 of his brothers had them.

The problem is rounds it has around 40 rounds which would last for around 4 or 5 seasons but if the ammo and brass are this rare now. I will have a beautiful paper weight
You can find brass. Just keep searching. You'll find some. Ask on here. Best bunch of people I know for having or finding anything gun related on the planet.

Do you happen to know round about what they are worth
It depends on the shape and quality. I've missed a few at auctions for 1100-2700. I wouldn't shoot it unless shooting light loads. They quit making them supposedly because of frame cracking. They only make them less than two years. If I remember right, 1980 into 81. This one is for sale and has been for a bit. They just lowered the price to 2500 but she's a beauty. I cast bullets and reload and I would probably use it for whitetails here in Michigan but with some pretty soft loads. Wouldn't want to take a risk at ruining it

Attachments

• IMG_4663.jpeg
    IMG_4663.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 70
Yes that is very true. I am down in louisiana. Guns don't do so well sitting out down here with out some serious oil and cleaning every couple months. If it's in the same quality as my grandfathers other rifles it's in amazing Condition. He kept everything in his safe.
I'm the same way. My "wall hangers" stay in the safe with a dehumidifying rod in gun socks. Keep a list of everything and what It's worth so if I die early my wife has some financial help lol

I just don't have the safe yet and I currently store my 3030 in a sealed case with a dehumidifier bag and use rem oil. Do you think this would work on a gun with really nice finish. My model 94 is already well handled and has a patina
I've never kept a gun in case more than a couple days but I'm paranoid with rust. None of my safe queens have finger prints or anything. You'd be better off keeping it in an area with good ventilation and keeping it lightly oiled. I use remoil now with a real light rub down being careful not to saturate wood. Also a cotton swab soaked in remoil ran down the barrel if I don't plan on shooting the gun within the next few months. I've always had multiple thousand dollar trap shooting guns so maintenance and care were drilled into me. a quality ewe rag is a lifesaver too when doing a large batch of guns at a time.