• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 7RM LRH W/ Viper FFP 6-24x50 HS LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elk Addict

Rifle: Savage Long Range Hunter 7mm Rem Mag. All factory except:
- PTG fluted bolt body
- Spide web painted accustock

If you're not familiar with the Long Range Hunter, they have a hinged floor plate, accustock, accutrigger, muzzle break and adjustable comb. Savage Arms

Scope: Vortex Viper 6-24x50 HS LR MOA, XLR reticle. Original box and contents are included. Rings were lapped prior to installation of the scope. There's a bubble level mounted on the scope too. Vortex Optics - Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP XLR (MOA)

Selling as package, so obviously the picatinny rail and scope rings are included. The bipod however, is NOT included.

Approximately 100-120 rounds through it.

$1250 To your ffl

Attachments

• 20150221_100821.jpg
    20150221_100821.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150221_100510.jpg
    20150221_100510.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 8
I've got a few PMs that requested more info and more pictures. So.....

Reason I'm selling: Too much recoil for the wife and kids. I already have a 7RM for myself that I like better.
How does it shoot: Pretty good. I did do some load development after break in, but not much. I've seen everywhere from 3/8" to just under a minute. Typical seemed to be around .7 with Retumbo and 168g bergers (that's what my other 7RM likes so didn't change). As shown in one of the pictures (in the link) it shot real good with RL19, but never pursued further load development with that powder. That was probably the best group it ever shot, it must of been cause I took a picture of it :)
How's the condition: Good. There are a few paint chips due to the custom paint job. Held up pretty good over the past 2 years. The scope is in great shape. No scratches, and least none that are through the paint. Lenses are great. Scope is very repeatable.
Any mods: Yes, the trigger spring was shortened to reduce trigger pull. It's very light and shouldn't be adjusted any lighter. I've never measure the pull

Not interested in trades, thanks.

More pictures........https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4HbJZxTTYLfeUpOS3ZaU2pPUkU&usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.