• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 22-250 Ackley **SPF**

huntfish

Up for sale is a rifle that I put together and just don't need. It happens. Stainless Savage action, center-feed magazine. Sent the action to Sharp Shooters Supply and had the action trued, installed an oversized recoil lug, and had a 25" Douglas XX Air-Gauged barrel installed chambered to 22-250 AI. 40 degree shoulder. The barrel is an 8 twist barrel, light magnum contour. I recieved the rifle back around October 1 of last year (2008) and began barrel break-in and brass forming. 22-250 55gr. loads out-of-the-box (not improved) shoot just over .65 at 100 yards and I never worked up a load using improved brass. The gun is wicked accurate. Less than 50 rounds fired. I painted the Savage stock and opened up the barrel channel. The stock turned out well and is nicely textured. Scope is not included. E-mail me for pictures. $825

Questions to [email protected]

Last edited:
Re: Savage 22-250 Ackley

I would also welcome any trades for this gun. Most interested in Remmy short actions, but might be interested in longs. Or would consider Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 scope + cash, quality barrels, new or used, or any combination of the above.

Re: Savage 22-250 Ackley

I have a couple different ways we could go, I have a remy pss in 308 that will shoot 1/2 inch or better with a bell and carls on stock. i also have a close to new leupy 4.5x14 by 40 mill 30mm tube I would let go to. PM or e-mail me as soon as possible.

Thanks John

[email protected]