• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Savage 110 .284 Win/.260 Rem Target Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking264

Purchased this rifle as a project gun. Savage 110 action, Cerakoted, with aftermarket target trigger (breaks at ~1-lb), DBM that accepts AI mags, in a Stockade tactical stock with full aluminum bedding block. Ejector in bolt face has recently been replaced. Includes bolt face for .264 Win Mag (as well as the standard bolt face for all .284 Win, 30-06 family, and .308 Win cartridges). EGW rail is 20 MOA. Tactical bolt knob. Northland Shooters Supply improved barrel nut and heavy recoil lug.

Includes two barrels: one is a 28" heavy contour chambered in .260 Remington (maker unknown, but I suspect Shilen) with 6-groove, 8-twist. Unknown round count, but the bore is clean and the throat looks well cared for. I fired ~50 rounds through it before pulling the barrel and installing a CBI 9-twist, varmint contour, 26" barrel. Round count through the CBI is 62. Witt Machine muzzle brake (included) installed on the .284 Win barrel drops recoil to something akin to a heavy-barrel .243.

This is an extremely accurate rifle, with either barrel. I have only fired hand loads through both barrels. I will provide load data for .260 Rem and .284 Win. 5-round accuracy on all hand loads has been 0.25 - 0.40 MOA. This is a long action, which permits loading the bullets out to max length, which in turn permits muuuuuch higher MV than is possible with SA loads. To give an example, my load using a 162-grain HPBT Match (in .284) achieves ~3,000 fps with a pressure of ~58K psi, which is ~5K psi lower than the SAAMI max. That's not possible with a short action. Same applies to .260 Rem loads. If you want the max MV out of that cartridge, particularly with the newer projectiles from Hornady and Nosler, then this is one way to get a true advantage over the 6.5 CM. It's nearly to the MV of an Ackley-improved .260 Rem.

Includes one 5-round AI mag (300 Win Mag compatible). Bipod, scope, and rings are not included. Does not include any reloading equipment or components, or gauges (you can pick up a 'go gauge' for ~$27).

Buyer to pay shipping charges, which will be in the realm of $40 to most places within the lower 48. If you're interested, then contact me. I am not willing to sell this at a lower price by only offering one of the two barrels; this is a package deal. To build a rifle such as this from parts would be in the realm of $2,500. I'm looking for $1,600 for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.