Sako85270wsm

Edsknives

I have always admired the Sako rifles I finally decided to buy one. I chose the 85 Finnlight in a 270 wsm. I bought a Vortex razor 5x25x50. My first hunt with it was an antelope hunt.I shot one at 500 yds,confidence builder. This year my son and I went to Eastern Montana to harvest a trophy buck.My son spots a nice one at a ridiculous distance but he talks me into the journey.When we arrive the buck hides behind a tree.We waited a couple of hours and he steps out I have my opportunity.I fire and I miss,I reload I fire and click its a dud. I eject and the bolt falls apart.I put the parts in my pocket and my son kills the buck at 300 yards.What makes a SAKO bolt come apart?

Sorry I am new and obviously need to be guided to the right place.I have no clue where to start a new thread.I would appreciate some guidance.I do ok replying I think Ed

There are many different forums here at LRH. One to fit just about every need for the hunter and outdoors enthusiast. You can start new threads in the ones that most relate to your issue in the exact same way you started this thread in the site support forum.

Thanks,

Your description of fell apart is pretty vague. You will need to be a little more specific or post some pics.

The back of bolt came undone you could have pulled the firing pin.It was -7 degrees in eastern Montana.I sent the rifle to Beretta and they replaced the bolt.Unfortunately the bolt was lost in the mail.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.