• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SAKO TRG42/TRG-S in 7 mm RM

FALAK

This rifle is a hybrid between TRG42 and TRG-S/M995. The receiver and bolt are from a TRG-S (TRG-S has the same receiver as TRG-42). The rest are parts from TRG-42 (300WM). TRG's two-stage trigger is fully adjustable. The magazine catch was upgraded to KRG's wider one. Scope mount is from NEAR in Canada, which has built-in recoil lugs. The barrel is a 28" Bartlein (1:9), which is capable of pushing Berger 180 hybrid to 2800-2900 fps (G1 = 6.74), or Berger 168 hybrid to 3100 fps (G1 = 0.617). The muzzle is target crowned (see photo). TRG42 in 300WM (no longer imported) suffers from the intrinsic ballistic disadvantage of its caliber. 7mm bullets get you to the the high BC game with much reduced recoil.

This rifle was put together by Tim "Moon" Robert at Crescent Customs. Tim was GAP's master gunsmith and did most SAKO work until he opened his own shop. The parts and gunsmith fees >$4000. It took several years for me to get all parts then another 9 months on Tim's wait list. Meanwhile I have taken another direction in my shooting habit for lack of long-distance range where I currently live. $2875 plus shipping/insurance. Please make sure your FFL will accept from private individual.

Bump for a great set-up by a great builder. I have a similar platform that Tim built and it is incredibly accurate. Good luck with sale

Bump for a great set-up by a great builder. I have a similar platform that Tim built and it is incredibly accurate. Good luck with sale

Thank you. Hate to sell this after a lot of $$ and effort invested, but it's sitting in my safe doing nothing!