Sako 75 ?

Oldschool280

So in my quest for a donor rifle to build a 7stw, i happened across a 2001 unfired in the box sako 75-v in 7mm rem mag. This is a "friends of the NRA " #565 of 575 . Guys asking a grand. It is absolutey perfect . Do these rifles perform? Is this something i can rebarrel in the future?. As always gang i appreciate all of the input .

So in my quest for a donor rifle to build a 7stw, i happened across a 2001 unfired in the box sako 75-v in 7mm rem mag. This is a "friends of the NRA " #565 of 575 . Guys asking a grand. It is absolutey perfect . Do these rifles perform? Is this something i can rebarrel in the future?. As always gang i appreciate all of the input .

Sako makes a great rifle. I have a 75 in 300 WSM and it's a shooter. You won't be sorry if you buy it. One of my good friends has the 75 in 7 Rem Mag and it's killed more game all over North America and Africa. Sako was one of the original rifle makers that guaranteed sub moa accuracy out of the box. $1K for that rifle is a good deal. Now, if you build a 7 STW from it, I'm sure you'll be very happy. I have a Rem 700 in 7 STW and absolutely love that caliber.

Doug

old school280, the md75 sako,is soooooooooooooooooooooooo close to perfect it aint even funny,hope you bought yours friends 7mag sako md 75. you could enjoy it as is or rechamber it to STWor rebarrel it anytime ,your call, their getting rarer and harder to find. I bought a used one in 7 STW ss/syn years back and shes fantastic no need for rebarreling ,yes shes shoots that good reloads ofcourse, regards and good shooting hunting etc etc.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.