Sako 75 Grey Wolf

257stw

I've been looking @ a Sako 75 Grey Wolf 270 wsm just wondering are these accurate ? Don't know that much about them . Could someone shed some light on this rifle for me ? It's new in box guy want's $ 879 plus tax is this a good price ?

IMO the 75 is a better action than the 85. Don't know what a grey wolf is but my 243
model 75 is a great shooter after changing the rubber stock it came with. Great price he
is offering.

Yes, in my opinion great price. But do you want that cartridge. I would not buy any gun regardless of price if I did not want or need a particular cartridge.

IMO the 75 is a better action than the 85. Don't know what a grey wolf is but my 243
model 75 is a great shooter after changing the rubber stock it came with. Great price he
is offering.

I have a 75 in 7mm STW. It to has the synthetic, with rubber inlet. I am looking for another stock but haven't heard of many options. What are you shooting, and where did you get it? I am surprised it dosen't shoot better, but I KNOW the stock is the reason. Drop me a PM if you care, I would appreciate it. Thanks, 7STW.

I had Lone Wolf build a carbon fiber stock back in 98. Took the gun from 1 1/2 to 7/16.
With the new 87 Bergers I am putting a lot of them in 1 hole @ 300. Been shooting 1000
with that bullet as well.

Lone wolf has sold, but they are still local up here. http://www.lonewolfriflestocks.com/
I think the buyer is one of the Google investors so it's a well backed company. Proof Research.

The Grey Wolf is a ss bbl & action with a green/black lam stock it's in a 270 wsm just wondering if it was a accurate rifle the 85's on gb are going for $1400 - $1600 just wondering why these were so much cheaper guy said they had discon this model i was just a little leary.

Who knows why it is discounted so heavily but I have seen new Finnlight 85s discounted heavily as well. Sako has gotten pricey with fall of the dollar against the Euro.

The Grey Wolf is a ss bbl & action with a green/black lam stock it's in a 270 wsm just wondering if it was a accurate rifle the 85's on gb are going for $1400 - $1600 just wondering why these were so much cheaper guy said they had discon this model i was just a little leary.

If that is a new rifle like you mentioned, that is an awesome deal. I had a 75 Hunter 7RM (wood stock) that I purchased new for around $800ish in '99. Sold it for way more when I thought I was done hunting and still think I made a mistake. The stock on that rifle was excellent, an aftermarket stock would have been a downgrade (unless it was a $$$ custom made).

If .270WSM is a cartridge you see yourself shooting and the gun is new (or like new), go and get it before someone else does!

Im interested at that price...does he have other calibers available? im looking for a 30-06 in that model, but i would also take a 270. Any info you could supply woudl be welcomed.

A Grey Wolf has a wood laminated stock and stainless steel barreled action. If it has a rubber stock it is a Synthetic stainless model. I have 4 Sako rifles and a Grey Wolf on the way in 7MM rem., all mine are very accurate and well made. That is a very good price and I would grab it if that't the caliber you want.

Im familiar with the grey wolf. Do you have the info of where that 879 NIB price was coming from?I want to order one at that price.

If you hav not bought this rifle I would really like to buy it. I have been looking for this exact gun for a couple of years. Please let me know if it or others are available.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.