• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED S&W 629-6 Classic 5" Full Lug .44 Mag $875

Absolutely needs to be sent to an FFL. It does not however need to be sent FROM an FFL. I guess that wasnt entirely clear so i will clarify in original post.
If you are using the post office and it has a serial number it must be shipped from an FFL, even if the cylinder is not with it. Anyone can ship a rifle to an FFL through the post office.

If you are using the post office and it has a serial number it must be shipped from an FFL, even if the cylinder is not with it. Anyone can ship a rifle to an FFL through the post office.
By that logic a bare frame would also need shipped from an FFL to another. Unless thats a very recent change, i believe that is incorrect as ive shipped bare recievers which are considered parts by their standard by themselves without issue.

I cannot find anything explicitly saying one way or the other. The way I did it before was with a TC Contender frame so maybe that was exception since it could be rifle or handgun? Ill keep looking. In the mean time if you have anything that you found or are referencing please link it here for reference for all.