• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED S&W “Talo” 329PD Alaska Backpacker IV .44 Mag.

smack

Super clean like new. S&W "Talo" 329PD. Alaskan Backpacker IV .44 Magnum, 2 1/2" barrel. With new Galco holster.

Scandium frame, stainless cylinder
29.7 OZ

One box fired (50 rounds)

Great handgun, lively recoil. I'm wanting a longer barrel.

$975.00 Shipped. Postal MO or Apple Pay.

FA9ABE42-C862-4218-843B-7CCF28A7A97A.jpeg
4CD0A99E-3253-4761-87CD-D7F815F5A10D.jpeg

I remember when that came out when I was living in AK. I loved the look and weight but the guy behind the counter said it was the only gun he had sold to multiple people that they tried to return it after shooting it once due to the recoil. Thought that was pretty crazy at the time!

I remember when that came out when I was living in AK. I loved the look and weight but the guy behind the counter said it was the only gun he had sold to multiple people that they tried to return it after shooting it once due to the recoil. Thought that was pretty crazy at the time!
Some hot 44 mag would smack the hell out of ya, I bet! Some 44 special would be sweet through it, though.

I've got the 4" barrel and love it. Buffalobore makes some HC loads just for that gun. I thinks recoil is tolerable especially compared to the 340pd I have shot.
Good to know, thanks. I missed an opportunity to get the 4", so going to try this out instead. I like that this has the stainless cylinder.