S&B Precision Hunter Q:

skip AI

Gday, I was wondering how much elevation can be achieved on the BDC that comes on this scope? (2.5-10X56)
Also one click is equal to 10mm at 100yrds, what would the value of one click be at 200, 300, 400 ect?

cheers

Hi Skip, i think you'll find that the click values are .1 miliradian ( 1cm @ 100m) on the varmint and precision hunbter scopes, depending on the caliber your shooting, you'll get out to about 500m.
regards Pete

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Skip, i think you'll find that the click values are .1 miliradian ( 1cm @ 100m) on the varmint and precision hunbter scopes, depending on the caliber your shooting, you'll get out to about 500m.
regards Pete

[/ QUOTE ]It's not often Pete gets it wrong BUT acording to mssrs S&B the click value on the 4-16PrHu is 5mm at 100m. http://www.schmidtbender.com/precisionhunter.shtml

Chris, depends which turrets or BDCs you have on it, if you want to pay for it they will do you 3 frogs legs at 144.5m. he said 10mm @100y, that aint right, 10mm @ 100m yes.

5mm @ 100m is standard but not only
Pete

Thanks for that guys, one more quick Q:
Can I zero my rifle then take the BDC off and set it to zero also?
The BDC only has something like 35 lines then its blank and its currently set on 10.

cheers

Yes.

(Understand you're asking if you can take off the turret cap and set it at 0 after having zeroed your rifle?)

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

(Understand you're asking if you can take off the turret cap and set it at 0 after having zeroed your rifle?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats correct, thanks mate.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.