S&B PM II 4-16 Tactical Scope

G

I have had the good fortune to aquire one of these...

I do love the functionality of the USO ST-10 scopes and therfore it will stay on my 308, but I will soon have a new home for the S&B.. ;-)

I have to say I have not ever observed quite the clarity, resolution, detail and color transfer quite as well as this S&B. Simply amazing.... I can without question distinguish tiny branches on trees at over 750- yards.. I am just simply impressed... not to mention the lt. browns are lt. browns the lt. greens are lt. greens and the lt. greys are lt. greys.. 3 colors that are hard to distiguish in a scope....

Hi Ric
What new stick is in the making? Tell all!!
Although I have never had the fortune to use a S&B I have one Zeiss scope and also used a Swaro a bit.
The quality euro scopes seem to have a definite edge in clarity and colour rendition.
We don't see many NF here in Australia but I managed to track one down last month [5.5-22 NXS]and was very dissapointed with it in both of these areas. No doubt they are tough as nails and reliable but the image left a lot to be desired.
I also use a LRT Leupold but have narrowed down my next scope purchase for my 22/6mm to the Zeiss 6-24VMV.
I need more power than the S&B for my "itty bitty" targets.
Best wishes for the Xmas season.
APB

New Stick.. inquiring minds wanna know right?? LOL..

I'll be posting pics as soon as Chris finishes it.....

It'll wear the S&B... Chris says that he's really please with it so far so that gets me pretty pumped up when he's happy with it!!!!

Ric so how does the S&B compare in a side to side with the USO ST-10 as far as optic clarity etc? I've looked through both but never side by side to get a good comparison. Thanks.

OK .. don't wanna get anyone stirred into a frenzy.. but my opinion and my opinion only... and Ihave looked througha top of the line Ziess too... just not side by side...

The ST-10 is perfect for the 308 to 1K in a tactical rugged no nonsense easy of operation setting.... the optics are first rate no doubt about that...

but here's a quote from an e-mail I sent to a person asking the same thing... I did do some editing...

I have a USO, and the S&B.. I did a test at 10X the USO glass doesn't even come close to the S&B glass.. I mean not even close.....it is very good but...

I focused on a shrub at about 750 yards... the color was a burnt deep red color with really fine twigs... only detectable with the S&B.. with the other I saw a medium brown bush....

I had a Buck Mule deer at about 200 yards so I did the same experiment.... I could see the striations and texture of the hair not so with the other...

That being said.. I would and will at some point purchase a USO for tactical applications but for my LR rig thats on the way... the S&B is really gonna have to fail in some other respect for me not to use it...

Ric, what power is your ST-10??..sakofan...I wonder how a SN-3 would do going head to head with the S&B?? It would be a more of a apple to apple comparison, I would think. Kudos to the S&B though!! For sure!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My ST-10 is just the standard 10X with ergo obj. EREK knob lit Mil-Dot Ret. w/ranging brackets

I have heard great things about IOR's scopes and haow they compair to S&B and Ziess , anybody ever compair them?

i have put an S&B 4-16 and 3-12 an IOR 4-14
an LR Leupold 4-14 a Mark4 10x side by side and i could see better clearer from edge to edge and a bit longer at dusk with the S&Bs(the target was at about 109 yards away) i also asked a friend of mine who knows nothing about scopes and brands to look through them and tell me which he thinks he can see better...he picked up the S&B, also when doing the dusk comparison i had a street light at my left about 60 yards in front of me and the IOR was getting a milky color that was interfering with visibility(?)The IOR glass is closer to the LR with the Mark4 having a tiny bit of an edge on them 2 ...thats acording to my eyes ofcourse..

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts