Ruger M77 Tang safety. Uncanny accuracy

i have a m77 mkII in 300 win mag that has killed countless deer. set up with a leupold 3-9 and a boyds thumbhole it'll hold 1.5 to 2 inch groups. i should say i can hold 1.5-2 inch because it kicks like a mule and the trigger is a crisp 16 pounds. (EXAGGERATION) I currently do not reload and happen to love the remington cor-lokts factory ammo for deer. I've shot deer at 300 yards and shot them at 25 yds and never had one get away... knock on wood.

My new daughter-in-law wanted to try deer hunting, so I bought her an older Ruger in 6mm Rem. at a gun show. The first 5 shot group I fired at 100 Yds went into a 1/2" hole. My daughter-in law had never fired a centerfire rifle, so I had her try a group over the bench. She only got a 3/4", 100 yard group! All cartridges were loaded with Speer 105 gr bullets. Since then, she has killed more large whitetail than either my son or I. She has the most wall mounts. The rifle has not changed zero in 16 years.
RF

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.