Ruger American stock

coop2564

I have a Ruger American predator and want to stiffen the stock and add some weight. Thinking about using fiberglass resin with glass fibers and pouring in for-end and let harden. Then taking shop rags soaking in the resin and packing the hollow butt stock. Anyone tried this or have a better idea?

Perhaps you could check out the Boyd's Ruger American stocks. Very strong and quite reasonably priced. Got one for the grandson and bedded it. Great add on. Fiberglass and epoxys eventually break free from plastic.

ive got a ruger american la stock i bought for my 270 that the previous owner had filled all the cells in the front of the stock with just straight resin,it seems to work fine,very ridged but not very heavy

I have a RA. I put the stock in a vise and heated a piece of all-thread and pressed it into the stock. I then filled the cells with epoxy. It's nice and stiff, and no more fore end pressing against barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.