Rifle Stocks in Broad Strokes

ADMIN

Administrator
Rifle stocks are seemingly simple things. They are the things you bolt all the actual gun parts to, which keeps you from holding all the actual rifle parts themselves. Why should they be so complicated then? Simple. Because they're the interface between the oodles of different body shapes and the oodles of different gun shapes and even more oodles of use cases. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Rifle Stocks in Broad Strokes, By MeccaStreisand. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Last edited:
I have re-stocked my 6.5 Creedmoor Ruger American Predator (American W/heavier barrel) with a Boyd's Classic laminated stock. A moderate cheekpiece combines with the maximum height comb and makes for a better cheek weld for scope use.

With optional fish scale checkering this stock gives the R.A.P. a much more quality feel than the factory plastic stock. And a Timney trigger tops off that feel and improves accuracy.

Now I may buy a "chassis" type stock for my Remington-actioned HS Precision .300 Win mag target rifle so I can use better magazines and have maximum stock adjustability. The options are many and shopping for the chassis is fun.

And for my old .308 Savage 99 I need a new stock to replace the cracked factory stock. Once again Boyds has the answer and at a very reasonable price.

This seems to be "The Golden Age of Aftermarket Stocks".

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.