Rifle for Granddaughter

flyguy1

So, last summer, thought, maybe get a good rifle for my granddaughter. Her father is a hunter, but has been deployed so many times, and they have moved so many times, that school, not hunting was a priority.

They seem to be settled in Kansas now. Lots of deer.

Asked my old friend Kirby Allen to build her a K-rifle, based on Ruger American.

6.5 CM, and I don't want want any guff, she's 11.

Boyd's stock, Bartlein Barrel, 1/8, 1/2 MOA at 400 yards. I can upgrade the scope, but wanted to start simple.

1713231337735.png

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!!

and you won't get any guff from me haha, I've reluctantly come to accept that the 6.5 creed is an excellent and practical cartridge WHEN USED APPROPRIATELY WITH REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. not when trying to dethrone more powerful but less efficient rounds or trying to shoot elk at half a mile. That's what I have a problem with (though the overwhelming majority of people have no business shooting at live game at half a mile with ANY cartridge if we're being honest…this forum's memberships capabilities are not indicative of your average hunter at all)

But the .243 has long been the cartridge that I've heard recommended for women, children, and the recoil sensitive, and anything it does as a big game cartridge the 6.5 creedmoor does better. It's a better hunting cartridge and if you can handle one you can handle the other.

So, last summer, thought, maybe get a good rifle for my granddaughter. Her father is a hunter, but has been deployed so many times, and they have moved so many times, that school, not hunting was a priority.

Asked my old friend Kirby Allen to build her a K-rifle, based on Ruger American.

Boyd's stock, Bartlein Barrel, 1/8, 1/2 MOA at 400 yards. I can upgrade the scope, but wanted to start simple.

View attachment 564266
I think its beautiful. Can't wait till my grand daughter is old enough to hold one.
Most important, enjoy your time with her

View attachment 564266
I am sure she will treasure that and anything coming from you.

I don't see why anyone would give you any guff. That's a fine rifle for any grand daughter. Last month i helped a customer set up his Ruger American for his eleven year old daughter. I installed a muzzle brake two months ago and dropped it into a Magpul Hunter this month. A little on the heavy side but he said he'll carry it for her on their elk hunt. She shot it last week and said she loved it. It's what they like, not anyone else. Good job G-Pa!!!