Rifle Basix trigger

paal

Need a new trigger and considering the Rifle Basix mod.LV-1 for my Remington LR rig.
Going to use it both on the bench and as a hunting rifle in the forrest.

I'am also shoting lefthand......
Any1 of you tried this trigger ? I think a Jewell trigger are "overkill" for my use on this gun....
I dont know of anybody else that fit lefthand action's.

Please advice !

Rifle Basix LV 1 is the 8 - 24 ounce model I think . That's what I have on my Rem. 700 .243 Ackley . I really like it but offer a word of warning . Don't adjust it any lighter than the original factory setting
(8 oz). I had an accidental discharge whilst applying the safety catch on my rifle several weeks after a minor adjustment to remove a little creep. Promptly wound the pressure back up and found that application of a little Tetra Gun lubricant (great stuff) to the sear overcame the creep problem .
Transferring the safety from the Remington trigger is a bit fiddly .

One of the nice things about Jewell triggers is you can get them in left handed plus don't have to transfer parts. If Basix included a safety his price might be the same.

A Jewell is truely a drop in installation.. takes about 5 min also not sure about the RB trigger but Jewell is total adjustable from under the trigger guard...no need to remove the stock once installed.
TacKac

...get the "jewell" trigger, you can always remove it if you switch guns... one thing I encountered in a 700 classic stock was the need to remove some wood to clearance the safety and bolt release levers... well worth the effort for such a great trigger... you also mentioned bench work... all decisions should be this easy... "jewell"... jmo Larry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.