Retay Gordion

FlGunner

Picked up a Retay Gordion NWTF model in Mossy Oak Obsession.. shot a box of light target loads through it and it ran smooth. I've read about em but this was the first one I've been able to actually get my hands on. Great shooting gun and looks and feels solid. Came with 5 chokes and a nice box to store them in. Hopefully going to put a couple hundred through it tomorrow shooting clays. It's got a 24" barrel but I think it'll be fine for my needs especially when I get a few extended chokes to give me another inch or so. Should work out great in our local sloughs and swamps shooting wood ducks in tight quarters.
IMG_1008.jpeg

Just to report back, I've put some quite a few shells through the Retay this weekend and not a single problem. Shoots straight and swings nice, even for a short 24" barrel. Cycled light 1 ounce loads to 1 1/4 ounce 3" equally well. I'm getting some extended Carlson chokes on the way and I think she'll be about perfect. Side by side with a couple B guns we had out shooting, the finish and feel to me is just as good. Time will tell and I will let y'all know how she holds up.

Retay is one of the "Turknelli's" utilizing Benelli's Enertia action. It is well made and is real competition to the Franchi's and others.

I recently bought a MAC-2 Enertia Action with Turkish Walnut stock, 18.5" barrel and have been testing various loads and chokes in it. Every shot, #9, #5, #4 Buckshot, and 00 Buck are all well centered patterns on the point of aim. It uses Benelli Mobile choke tubes.

Recent Posts