Remington Model 7 Upgraded...

Rustystud

The below pictures are of a Remington Model 7 that quit shooting sub 1 MOA.

The rifle now has been rebarreled with a 20", Broughton 1:12, 5C barrel. The J-lock shroud has been replaced, the trigger has been replaced with a Jewel set at 4oz, and the stock has been pillar beded and the lug glassed in. It has been trued and the bolt lapped. The barrel and bolt have been glass beaded.

It now shoots sub .5MOA.

Remingtonmodel7_002.jpg

RemingtonModel7_01.jpg

James:

This is a 308Win. The chamber is a 95 Palma. I can now seat the bullets into the rifling and still fit the Magazine well too.

I have a twin sister rifle in .243.

With a 20 inch barrel I am not sure a magnum cartridge can burn all the powder. From 26" to 22" barrels loose about 40fps. From 22" to 16"barrels loose about 100fps per inch.

The whole purpose of a model seven is to have a shorter rifle. If not then use a model 700.

Nat

The one that is for sale has a badger brake on it and the thing is stupid loud , I think you would probably set people on the sides of you on fire at the range.

I agree that they are sweet little guns and the 308 is the perfect round for that gun.

I had my latest tactical rifle chambered with the 95 Palma and coulden't be happier , it shoots very accurately with factory match ammo , haven't started any load development for it yet

This little rifle has ended the season with 6 whitetails to it's credit. It seems to like 47 grains of Varget, and 150 Nosler Accubonds. During the off season I will continue to see if I can get Sciroccos to shoot better.

Rustystud

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.