• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Sleeved Long Action with magnum boltface

BIGJ

Used old school Remington 700 Sleeved Long Action with Magnum Bolt Face,external bolt release, 20 MOA (2) piece scope base and trigger guard. Was going to build a 1000 yards HV. Gun. $550.00 + shipping from my FFL to your FFL.(is listed elsewhere)
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0082.jpeg
    IMG_0082.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0076.jpeg
    IMG_0076.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
Look at the thickness of the aluminum sleeve. It's stout! Excellent for bench or prone shooting, maybe not hauling it up a mountain though!

;):D

Look at the thickness of the aluminum sleeve. It's stout! Excellent for bench or prone shooting, maybe not hauling it up a mountain though!

;):D
🙂😄Yes it stout, my planes was to build a Heavy bench rest gun or can build Heavy bench Hunting gun,but my planes changed. Any offers/Trades.
Thanks

Last edited:
Can you tell me what the point of the sleeve is? I've never seen this before. Is it removable?

Can you tell me what the point of the sleeve is? I've never seen this before. Is it removable?
It is done primarily to stiffen the action, and also to create a larger bedding surface (usually a flat bottom bedding surface that is more resistant to torque). The sleeve is nothing more than a chunk of aluminum (usually) bored out to fit the action.

Not removable, at least I never heard anyone every removeing one.
Thanks

I have a couple of long range br rifle that I use up to 1.450" diameter barrel/32" long with a sleeve action and no problem at all.
Thanks