• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Remington 700 Mountain Rifle SA "Drop Mag"

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Good afternoon all
We had a matching set of Remington 700 Mountain Rifles in .243 & 7mm-08
I ended up purchasing extra Magazines for them. Well sold the 7MM-08 and have the .243 with three new mags. I have the factory mag and purchased two additional. This was about probably 14 + or - years ago. We paid about $79.00 + Tax & shipping (from Midway). These magazines were hard to find back then. YES EXPENSIVE even back then. Think Rem stopped making them.
Anyway we have a NIB Drop Magazine for sale. We looked all over the internet and Retailers and can't find this Mag unless it is used and not for .243, .260, 7mm-08, .308.
Anyone that knows us that we give more away and sell for really fair prices. Been losing money on almost all our sales.
NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANY MONEY OFF THIS SALE. LOOKS EXPENSIVE, BUT TRY AND FIND A NEW MAG LIKE THIS ANYWHERE FOR A 700 MOUNTAIN RIFLE WITH DROP MAG. WE HAD A HARD TIME FINDING THESE MAGS YEARS AGO.
We spent over $90.00 and would like to get that shipped. Anyone interested make an offer and PM us.
Sure someone would want an extra mag for their rifle for hunting.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Attachments

• 700 Drop Mag Back.jpg
    700 Drop Mag Back.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 700 Drop Mag Side.jpg
    700 Drop Mag Side.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 700 Drop Mag.jpg
    700 Drop Mag.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Are you interested in selling the 243 with the magazines?
Sorry not at this time.
It's Jill's and a really nice carry rifle.
This is one that Remington got RIGHT! 700 Mountain DM with Matt finish metal and Satin Wood Stock. Can walk though the mountains all day with it. It has at the most 60 rounds through it and gets < 1/2" Moa. Still have not finished working up a load, but < 1/2" is ok for Deer to 500yds. (more rifles than we can hunt with and shoot game with) Have a few hundred new Lapua pieces of Brass and several thousand SGK and Bergers. So can hunt forever with it. Took the factory stock off and put a Bell & Carlson on it. Really light. Topped it off with a Nikon Gold 2.5-10X50 (Originally had to special order the scope). One of our favorite rifles. When-if we decide to sell it will go as a package with Dies, Brass, Bullets.

Attachments

• Rem 700 Mountain DM -243.jpg
    Rem 700 Mountain DM -243.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 45
Sorry not at this time.
It's Jill's and a really nice carry rifle.
This is one that Remington got RIGHT! 700 Mountain DM with Matt finish metal and Satin Wood Stock. Can walk though the mountains all day with it. It has at the most 60 rounds through it and gets < 1/2" Moa. Still have not finished working up a load, but < 1/2" is ok for Deer to 500yds. (more rifles than we can hunt with and shoot game with) Have a few hundred new Lapua pieces of Brass and several thousand SGK and Bergers. So can hunt forever with it. Took the factory stock off and put a Bell & Carlson on it. Really light. Topped it off with a Nikon Gold 2.5-10X50 (Originally had to special order the scope). One of our favorite rifles. When-if we decide to sell it will go as a package with Dies, Brass, Bullets.
Ok….I had to ask lol!
I missed one on here about a week ago, I've been wanting to buy one for a couple years. I agree with you about them being one of the best model 700s that Remington ever produced. I have one in 3006 that I've been carrying for about 25 years and want to get one in 243 for one of my boys to carry.
Nice looking rifle you have!
Thanks,
Ed

Ok….I had to ask lol!
I missed one on here about a week ago, I've been wanting to buy one for a couple years. I agree with you about them being one of the best model 700s that Remington ever produced. I have one in 3006 that I've been carrying for about 25 years and want to get one in 243 for one of my boys to carry.
Nice looking rifle you have!
Thanks,
Ed
Ed
I saw that other 700 MDB last week. It was a good deal. If I run across one will let you know.
Len & Jill

Last edited:
Mine is a long action magnum, I'd trade for your short action. Let me know if you want some pictures.