• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington 40X Switch Barrel

cruisor

Still trying to put together enough funds to cover a rimfire BR rifle build.

So I have a very nice Remington 40X that shoot bug holes, at least the 222 does. It will come with two Shillen SS barrels chamber for this action in calibers 222 and 204. I did'nt even break in the 204 before I got involved with another project. The 222 has less than 200 rounds down the tube. So essentially this rifle's life is just beginning. I'll include one hundred rounds that will consist of loaded rounds and brass for each barrel. The scope is not included. The rifle trigger is a Hart BR trigger and the pull is ounce and a half. Hart made triggers that were installed at the Remington Custom Shop. The stock has an aluminum bedding block that goes from the action up to the sling swivel. It looks like a HS Precision stock but was previously installed in an Etonic Rifle. I removed all the extraneous parts, filled the holes, made a new buttplate and finished it up with a coat of flat paint. It looks great and shoots very very well. The 204 barrel has been installed and broke in and that's all. Just to be sure you know the one defect is the rifle slipped off the toes of my boot and I dinged the crown, picture enclosed. Though this has happened the rifle shoots extremely well! I'm going to price this after looking at Gunbroker.com. If you'd like to make me an offer, please do so just be fair. Buyer will pay the actual cost of shipping. Money order, bank draft. Paypal, only if you either gift the funds to avoid their charges or add 3.5% to cover their charges.

So with that I believe this rifle should be priced at $2800.00. Let me know if I need a trip to the moon to price this just right or else make me an offer.

Thanks,

Lee

Attachments

• DSC_0771.JPG
    DSC_0771.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0781.JPG
    DSC_0781.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0774.JPG
    DSC_0774.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0778.JPG
    DSC_0778.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0776.JPG
    DSC_0776.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0779.JPG
    DSC_0779.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello,

Well looks like I need to reduce the price on this rifle.

Would 2350.00 be a fairer price.

Please make offers. This is a great rifle for it's intended use!!

Thanks guys,

Lee

Recent Posts