• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

RELOADERS!!!

1000yrd plate pounder

Hey guys just a heads up ...please check your cases /pins /stuff in case/overcharge powder/wrong powder...this didn't happen to me--but a good friend of mine this weekend he is alright (aside from a few scuffs)

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_120544610_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220515_120544610_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20220515_120535299_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220515_120535299_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 345
Glad he is ok. Seen that happen to a friend years ago. Was loading some 06 cases and forgot to empty the powder measure last time he was loading pistol cases. Dumped some 4831 on top of it. Long story short his model 70 ended up looking like your friends rifle. Same result just some scratches to his face. Check, check, and check some more.

Thanks for the reminder; glad he's alright!
I don't know who else does this, but the first thing I do when starting a new batch of anything (aside from shotgun stuff) is check to see if it's even possible to double charge a case with the powder/powder charge I'm using. If it doesn't spill over the case, I won't use that powder, even if it's what the recipe calls for... because I almost always throw a double at some point.

Thank you. I almost screwed up yesterday loading two different calibers with the same bullet. Just crushed a couple of cases before I realized what was going on. Just a reminder to myself....FINISH AND PUT AWAY EVERYTHING BEFORE STARTING A NEW CALIBER.