Reloader Powders

shiredude

Is there any truth to the rumors about Reloader powders being temperature sensitive? I recently worked up a load in my 243 AI and it is shooting really well. I just dont want it to go to crap when the weather starts cooling down. I would also like to see if anyone else has any good loads for this round. Right now, I have, 45 gr Reloader 22, 107 gr sierras, BR primers, right at 3200 fps.

i use r22 in my 300 mag with no problems with temp. I do find it to be differ from lot to lot so to solve that problem i just bought the big jug. I did use it in my 22-243 too but it did seem to make a differ in it between hot and cold but not to bad. Just work up load when its hot then you wont have any worries thats what i do.

I don't know where all the crap about Alliant powders being "temp sensitive" came from, but from one that has used it for about 6 years in a .300 RUM in Montana hunting antelope in the 80's and elk below zero, if the temp thing scares you, you are missing out on great powders. mtmuley

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.