Relative burn rates from fastest to slowest (issued by Hodgdon/IMR) Nov 2019

Tex LR

Hi folks,

I was looking for the latest Hodgdon / IMR burn rate chart and came across this one from Nov 2019. It has significant updates from the last one I had seen and answers a lot of questions for me. Hope it helps some other folks out. PDF attached. Link to PDF listed below.

Attachments

• burn-rate-color.pdf
    417.7 KB · Views: 989
Interesting, there is no H414 that I saw on that burn rate. I wonder if they stopped producing that powder. I used to load that for one of my rifles before I went to a faster powder so no biggie to me at this point, just interesting.

Interesting, there is no H414 that I saw on that burn rate. I wonder if they stopped producing that powder. I used to load that for one of my rifles before I went to a faster powder so no biggie to me at this point, just interesting.
It use to sit right between Winchester 760 and VihtaVuori N150 on an older burn chart. Its still on Hodgdon product list but shows as discontinued at a few retailers online.

Interesting but it doesn't actually tell you how close or how far they are apart, just their positions relative to one another.

It use to sit right between Winchester 760 and VihtaVuori N150 on an older burn chart. Its still on Hodgdon product list but shows as discontinued at a few retailers online.
Yeah the old chart I had still had it on there. Just an observation as I don't shoot it anymore. Good info though thanks for sharing.

Yep H414 and W760 are the same powders. Hodgdon decided to stop labeling it as H414 and just go with the W760. I actually called Hodgdon when the new relative burn rate chart came out and noticed that H414 was missing, and got the word straight from the horses mouth. If you look at any load data on Hodgdon's site that show both powders, you'll notice that the charge weights and velocities are identical.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.