• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Red Oak acorns

Looking for some Red Oak acorns for seeding.

Im South of Houston so I'd pay for them shipped

Thanks
Mike
Buy some big trees that are already bearing acorns.
once You get the benefit of acorns now and then can harvest every year,
Are you using for Deer or turkey or other?
Deer tend to eat the White Oak, Swamp Oak and everything else. They leave the Red oak for when they run put of everything else. This is in the SE. Turkey will eat the Reds.
I like the Red for Firewood over White.

Buy some big trees that are already bearing acorns.
once You get the benefit of acorns now and then can harvest every year,
Are you using for Deer or turkey or other?
Deer tend to eat the White Oak, Swamp Oak and everything else. They leave the Red oak for when they run put of everything else. This is in the SE. Turkey will eat the Reds.
I like the Red for Firewood over White.
I'm just starting some from acorns just for fun, pass them on later

Been looking for but oaks. Missy oak nursery has a wide variety of red oaks that do well in wetter areas. Now is the time of year to order bare root seedlings for a spring delivery. I am going to start early looking online this year. I am headed to Texas in a couple weeks

Thanks

Buck

I've got my kids picking you a bag right now. Pm me if you want them. There will be a few larger acorns in the bag that are white oak. I can mail them on Monday lmk.

Attachments

• IMG_3685.jpeg
    IMG_3685.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3687.jpeg
    IMG_3687.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 24
Deer here in Ohio prefer white oak acorns. Don't know if that's what you have in mind, just saying.
White Oak are "Sweeter.
Red Oad have more Acid in them. Red Oak are the last that Deer will eat. They leave them for Turkeys.
There is a "Discovery Mill Mall" where there is a Pro Bass in Lawrenceville, GA.
The entire parking lot has Parking Islands for trees of White Oaks Trees. I would go up there years ago and collect 55 gallon bags of Acorns. Would fill up my pickup truck several times and keep the acorns in 40 gallon garbage plastic containers. You have to watch how you kept them as to not rot or get fungus.
Deer loved them as well as the Turkeys when we would spread the out during the winter and spring.