• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Rebuilt Ballard Gallery Rifle

jgraham01

Up for sale is a Marlin-Ballard #3 rifle in 22LR I picked up a number of years ago, but never shot. I am calling it a #3 and not a #3F because I am not sure it is the latter. I bought the rifle after it had been professionally restored, but do not recall from the seller who did the work; however, the work is exceptional. The 24" full octagon barrel that has been relined and rust blued. The action had been case colored and the three-line patent info is sharp. The receiver is octagon with the trough on the top flat and functions perfectly. An MVA Beech front sight is installed, the rear barrel sight plugged and an original Marlin Gallery tang sight installed. Wood appears to be original, but restored, and the left side of the buttstock has a name plate with Samuel P Hook engraved on it. Buttstock has two repaired Ballard cracks. The forend is the Schnabel type and buttplate is the curved rifle type that has been case colored. The LOP is 13.25" and overall length is 40".

The rifle looks like it just left the factory. No FFL is required due to its age. Sorry for the shine on the barrel. I did not realize the sun was hitting it through the window blinds. Will ship the rifle for $1700. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No electronic payments or trades. Contact me with any questions and thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited: