• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester Single Shot Replica by Ballard Rifle Co.; Cody, WY

8x68s

I have one of the last of the Cody/Ballard Rifle Winchesters. They had to call back the guy that did the leather recoil pads to finish the job for me. It was called the "Special Sporting Model": 30", number 3 Badger barrel, custom (my wildcat by a local gunsmith) 9.3-375 Flanged magnum (modified after originally spec'ing a 9.3x74R from Ballard), blued action, color case hardened hammer and lever, exhibition grade wood, pistol grip and schnabel with ebony inserts, no checkering, no iron sight accommodation and scope mount bases added for a 2-7x Leupold. A heavy carry(12#+) but accurate as I can be.
I have tried to sell this a couple times elsewhere and I think it was just too "out there" for traditionalists and too specialized/custom for the rest. Gets hunted for elk every other year or so in favor over other elk cartridges. No one to hand it down to...??

I would include with the rifle:
Leupold rings 30mm
Leupold 3-9x Firedot, duplex
49 loaded rounds of various brands, bullet sizes and weights (with load documentation)
140 Bertram 375 flanged mag brass, new
RCBS standard die set for 375 flanged magnum (I use this sizing die to make the cases uniform before going to the Redding to neck them down)
Redding custom die set for 9.3-375 Flanged magnum & the custom Manson reamers for chamber finishing and reloading die fabrication.

Hard to photo slight but evident wear and tear... some small dents & "worm tracks" from rubbing against plastic buckles on my pack. I can try close-ups if required.

Rifle would ship by itself to your FFL and the remainder in a separate package to you directly. Shipped insured to your FFL: complete package, $3000; minus a scope $2750, by USPS money order. No trade interests, thank you.

Any questions you can PM me here.
Thanks for your consideration,
Greg
P3070019 - Copy.JPGP3070020 - Copy.JPGP3070022.JPGP4210008.JPGP4210009.JPGP4210014.JPGP4210015.JPGPC280001.JPG

Last edited: