re-barrel recommendations

Shane1

I have a snowy mountain rifle company 308. built off their custom action. I need some gun smith recommendations for having it re-barrelled. There shouldn't be much if any reciever work needing done. I know some big name smiths but the turn around time being 6 months to a year just won't work. I'm looking for excellent quality affordable work with decent turn around time. Would like to rebarrel to 6.5 creedmoor slightly smaller profile then sendero to save weight but big enough to allow 5/8x24 threading for suppressor, profile and length will need to be discussed with smith, I'm hoping around 22" but don't want to sacrifice to much velocity. Any reccommendations would be really appreciated. The gun is for my daughter to compete with me. I would really like it done in 4 to 6 weeks so I have time for load developement before comp season here starts. I realize thats dependent on barrel availability but maybe one of the smiths out there will have one already.
Thanks for any info
shane.

I don't know what action this rifle is built on but if it is one of the big names you would probably get faster turn around time having one of the barrel makers do the machine work for you. I know that Shilen and PacNor offer this service and some of the others probably do also. There prices seem to be competitive with other smiths. Wouldn't hurt to check them out.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.