RCBS customer service

specweldtom

Not an exact fit here, but for the 4th time in the last 3 yrs, RCBS delivered.

I emailed inquiring about an adapter bushing for an old Big Max A4 press. It reduces the 1 3/8" x 12 tpi top hole to a 7/8" x 14 tpi for std loading dies. Not only did they have one, it's on its way. I presume there'll be an invoice with it, but I'm not betting on it.

Plus One for Big Green!

Tom

Nah, I've got 2 of them. I recently picked up the 2nd one. It had a .50 Browning shell holder in the ram, but I haven't been able to find .50 cal dies for the 1 3/8" x 12 tpi top thread, so I just decided to set it up for std 7/8" x 14 tpi die sets. The ram primer body works in the ram as a shell holder adapter, so all I needed was the top bushing. RCBS came through.

In spite of being big and clumsy (or maybe because of it) I like the Big Max, and use the one I've had since the 80's for all rifle reloading. I had to open up the automatic shell holder just slightly to take .378 Wby size and 45-70 case heads, but mostly just use the regular shell holder adapter that was also with the press when I bought it.

For me, RCBS and Oehler have extraordinarily good customer service. It's good to be able to brag on somebody. We don't get many opportunities.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.