• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

RARE COLT-COMMISSIONED COOPER M-2012 .308 WIN. LONG DISTANCE RIFLE

ghay

SOLD... pending funds
I bought this new on a whim a few years back. Colt had commissioned Cooper to build a long distance sniper/competition format. I understand it had to be capable of 600-1200 yd competitive shooting.
This rifle has the laminated wood stock as opposed to the chassis and carbon stocked versions. They were pretty expensive, even in Pre-Biden dollars. I put it in my safe, more or less as a collector's item. A friend of mine wanted it very badly so I eventually scoped it up and zeroed it with a load my other .308 liked and then shot a group. It liked my load and... I loved this rifle. Then my friend, through an unfortunate turn of events, ended up not being able to buy the gun. That's been two years ago now and it has been sitting in the safe since.

It has only been fired 12 times, and I realize with all the other rifles and projects I have, I'm not likely to get much use out of it. So I'm going to let it go. With the palm swell, trigger and incredible Cooper muzzle brake, it is truly one of the most comfortable and sweet shooting rifles I've ever fired.
It was a 2013 release at an MSRP of $2795. The rifle is virtually the same as when it came out of production.
If whoever is behind the trigger does his (or her) job, has good ammo, scope and ballistic info this rifle will do some damage way on out there.

Price: $1875 Shipped CONUS

Attachments

• tempImagef7r5tS.png
    tempImagef7r5tS.png
    6 MB · Views: 236
  • tempImage1VhN7R.png
    tempImage1VhN7R.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 229
  • tempImageOLq1tt.png
    tempImageOLq1tt.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 219
  • tempImagezuBi7i.png
    tempImagezuBi7i.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 209
  • tempImagetGBNWx.png
    tempImagetGBNWx.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 206
  • tempImage82EKq0.png
    tempImage82EKq0.png
    6 MB · Views: 183
  • tempImageK9NEZv.png
    tempImageK9NEZv.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Thank you sir, this thing is really amazing. Probably one of the smoothest and most comfortable guns to hold and shoot ever in my experience! Someone is going to be thrilled they came across this baby, they are rare indeed!

Thank you! It's awesome, I'm pretty sure someone out there is about to become acquainted with their new "favorite " rifle!

Dog gone it Gary: It's been a while since I ventured over to this website and was casually looking at the rifles and the only one that struck my interest happens to be yours. I didn't even notice you were the OP until I re-read the description for the third time. As you know, I'm a sucker for a nice rifle or a nice piece of glass.

Hey Paul!!
How are you? I've been running around like a crazy man. I'm in Texas helping a church at present. I'm cleaning out my safe and storage a bit. Helping my African PH friend liquidate some rifles and a pistol he was trying to get to Africa through an exporter. But with the political situation and lingering embargo's against Zimbabwe it became to expensive and complicated to pull it off.

My friend LOVED that .308 and wanted it for himself and the rest of the stuff for his gun shop. But it didn't work out.

How have you been?

I looked for your phone number to call and catch up but don't have it🥴. Feel free to call if you get a chance.

(417)860-5888

Nice talking to you last PM. This rifle really intrigues me. I never say "never" so who knows??

Recent Posts