Ramshot Grand on quick load?

I got this via email this AM.

IMG_1607.jpeg

Well, then Hodgdon should get their arses in gear and provide some DATA of their own for Staball HD and Ramshot Grand. I have a jug of Staball HD and I would dearly like to try it out, but with zero data for the stuff I am loading, well I am just biding my time.

Quickload is a tool. Nothing more. That reply from Hodgdon is pure donkey dung..... If some idiot loads up the MAX load from QL and blows their face off, that's the idiots problem. Not Hodgdon. QL has ample warnings. Of course, the lawyers at Hodgdon probably have been appraised by the supply side that they are selling every grain of powder they can supply, so why bother to stoke demand even more -- thus keep the powder specs away from QL.

QL days are perhaps numbered as well. The guy in Germany that puts it together does not seem to have a successor plan in place. Does not communicate with the rest of the world. neconos is a crap shoot in terms of communication. I speak fluent German and can readily browse the German language sites. Its no better there. He does not directly communicate with end users as far as I can tell.

i guess i can see their point, however bullet manufacturers DO USE QL data for starting loads. they have sent me QL data before i bought the program. starting loads IMO.
Like reloading manuals, they are simply a guide, use with discretion.

Berger Tech Support still free QL load recommendations.

Hornady no longer provide free load recommendations outside their reloading manuals.

Hogdgon reloading center is still an excellent source for baseline load development.

Last edited:
Like reloading manuals, they are simply a guide, use with discretion.

Berger Tech Support still free QL load recommendations.

Hornady no longer provide free load recommendations outside their reloading manuals.

Hogdgon reloading center is still an excellent source for baseline load development.
I agree that hodgdon reloading center is great but for people with uncommon loads it gets more difficult and I don't have an uncommon cartridge. Just have a not normal loading for factory bullets.

I agree that hodgdon reloading center is great but for people with uncommon loads it gets more difficult and I don't have an uncommon cartridge. Just have a not normal loading for factory bullets.
Huh, my results have been just the opposite.

In fact I have found their reloading center data to be anemic trash on many loads.
You have to do what you need to do. As with anything else, YMMV.

Last edited:
I got this via email this AM.

View attachment 578612
That's a BS cop out. Their (Hodgdon's) data has errors, as does that email (gramatical). If they were truly that concerned with accuracy, they would proof read both!

This is nothing new though, it's always been this way. It's always taken longer for QL to model the Hodgdon powders, and the initial results derived for Hodgdon powders have always been less accurate or more quirky as a result. It's a good thing we can "true up" Hodgdon powder in QL.

That's a BS cop out. Their (Hodgdon's) data has errors, as does that email (gramatical). If they were truly that concerned with accuracy, they would proof read both!

This is nothing new though, it's always been this way. It's always taken longer for QL to model the Hodgdon powders, and the initial results derived for Hodgdon powders have always been less accurate or more quirky as a result. It's a good thing we can "true up" Hodgdon powder in QL.
It is not my place to judge their stance or correct his grammar. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. If you have a problem with it, you can take it up directly with them. It does no good complaining here.

I would like Hodgdon to get that data to QL. It is a valuable tool for getting a load started.
American powder companies are notorious for NOT sharing powder data. I also understand Hodgdon is getting away from PB Clermont produced powders and trying to make them in the USA. At one time, Ramshot powders all said "made in belgium" but not anymore.
I installed the 4-2024 quickload update a few minutes ago and no ramshot grand listed

American powder companies are notorious for NOT sharing powder data. I also understand Hodgdon is getting away from PB Clermont produced powders and trying to make them in the USA. At one time, Ramshot powders all said "made in belgium" but not anymore.
I installed the 4-2024 quickload update a few minutes ago and no ramshot grand listed
Is it worth getting the update or maybe wait. Thanks