Question for the smart folks on here…..machining dies

nksmfamjp

Can sizing dies be machined as purchased? Things like cutting 0.010" off the base to allow CBTD to be sized a bit shorter or the base of the neck enlarged of bushing dies. Or be recut from std to AI chambering?

Can sizing dies be machined as purchased? Things like cutting 0.010" off the base to allow CBTD to be sized a bit shorter or the base of the neck enlarged of bushing dies. Or be recut from std to AI chambering?
If you or your GS has the sizing reamer, yes. It also depends on your GS. Your GS can ream a blank die and then have it hardened. It is best to consult with the GS, who will do the work.

On my last build, since I had all the reamers, including a sizing reamer, my GS built me a custom hydraulic forming die, sizing, and seating dies using blank dies.

Answer, yes they can. [email protected] I have had these folks modify several dies to use neck bushings and I am sure he can also remove a bit from the bottom of the die. He once offered to custom fit dies to your fired cartridge but I do not know if he still does. He does answer emails promptly and I have been very satisfied with every thing he has done for me.