Purchasing used items

Mainmechanic

General question. I have located an item from somebody out of my area who I do not know. Not on this forum . Afraid of possible "difficulties" Does anybody know of some type of an interim consignee service who this item could be sent to , my check sent to. If the item is what is described and actually arrived there , the item is sent to me and the money to the sender ? Sounds like a good idea for a fee.

Have you spoke to the seller over the phone?
I have bought several things on LRH, and all has gone smoothly. If I were to have any sense that tells me something is off, I wouldn't complete the transaction without a phone call or two.
It's just like anything else- if you sense a problem, back out of it. There will always be another opportunity.

To answer your question directly- no, I've never heard of such a service.

I looked into something like this after I got scammed several years ago. I haven't used this service but take a look at escrow.com. They may do what you're looking for.

Good point. Will try to find some LGS in the area he may be able to drop the scope off at to be examined. Then if good get paid. Have LGS ship to me. Willing to pay a fee. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.