Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

Buffalobob

If your family takes the bounteous and well cooked Thanksgiving Dinner for granted because it is a tradition and every year you have the same dishes. Here is a way to give them a fresh perspective on being thankful even for the food.

First thing to do is to go and shoot yourself a six pack of crows. Show them to everyone so they start anticipating the debacle to follow.

Halfdozen1.jpg

Fillet off each side of the breast and then cut that in half and soak it for a day or so.

Crowdinner.jpg

Make some batter and cut up an onion into rings. Fry up the crow and the onion rings. If you fry the crow a little extra to ensure it is well done it will be really tough. Then make some pan gravy and add mushrooms if you wish.

Crowdinner2.jpg

Crowdinner6.jpg

Roll out a pan of biscuits and bake until golden.

Crowdinner5.jpg

Serve this meal a day or so before Thanksgiving and then on Thanksgiving everyone will be really thankful that they are not having crow again!!!

Crowdinner8.jpg

Let us hope things go well in Starkville this weekend!!!

Second Dove season opens in Maryland this Saturday morning and typically Iishoot more crows than doves at this time of year. If I have some extra crows, I will put them on ice and ship them down to you. :D

Maybe we can whip state still have a couple of tough games though...Thanks for the offer but I have had plenty of crow lately!!!

Great recipe BB. Put them in the crock pot and they do get a lot tenderer. :) I have eaten everything from Beaver Hams, Muskrat, Turtle, Turtle eggs and bear to Elk roast which I do believe the latter was the best but the prior wasn't too far behind but it does kind of separate the hungry from the not so hungry.

Fantastic BB! Now I can get back at my brother-in-law, he gave me some "sweet corn" that

he later told me was regular field corn. Tough as nails and about as tasty.

Wait till he gets his entree of "young pheasant"

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts