Prairie Dog Population

ukwildcats

Dayton OH -- For a Liberal State They Don't Mind G
Went last year in June to Western South Dakota and Western Nebraska
-- Population in Western SD was down from previous years and in my opinion not worth making a trip back to
-- Population in Western Nebraska was decent (first time out)

So question is does any one know about the population density for West SD/ NE or Eastern Wyoming

-- Did the drought really put a pounding on the population last year in these areas

Any insight would be welcome -- have everything ready to go for an early summer trip, but the question is: "Is it worth it".

Thanks

UK

Like i said in another thread. We shot on the Rosebud which is North of Valentine NE last year and it wasn't worth the time. The year before we slaughtered them.

Plague and poison has destroyed some prairie dog towns in the area where I live. Shooting will be some what limited this year. I ll be going for a drive around the area late March but I know that there a no prairie dogs in a town three miles from my home that had lots of them four years ago.

Moving to Wapiti Wy by the end of May.I'm form Va and nevery shot prairie dogs so would you boys help to set me up in a OK spot. I builded a 6brdx just for them.

Thanks...gun)

Called out and the news was not good.

PD population still has not recovered from the Plague (between Scenic and Interior)

and

Some of the land we hunted on -- Leased federal land is now off limits for hunting -- Signs Posted by NPS.

So looks like we are off to find better location either in Central SD or Wyoming.

Thanks

UK

Called out and the news was not good.

PD population still has not recovered from the Plague (between Scenic and Interior)

and

Some of the land we hunted on -- Leased federal land is now off limits for hunting -- Signs Posted by NPS.

So looks like we are off to find better location either in Central SD or Wyoming.

Thanks

UK

We know of some places that there were quite a few last year. They aren't out here yet though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.