Powder Vials

choprzrul

I got tired of pulling down rounds after doing load ladders to find pressure, so I went looking for some glass vials that I could pre measure powder into and then a container to hold them.

Here is what I came up with. I mark powder and charge weight on each one with a fine Sharpie....that wipes off by hand fairly easy when I'm done. They will hold 158gr of RL26 for reference:

Vial.JPG

Vials I used.

MTM box they fit in pretty good.

It works for me...but YMMV...figured I'd post in case it helps someone else.

Spread.JPG

Might really be a good idea for the top end loads. I tend to stay away from the bleeding edge out of exactly your problem. I hate the thought of pulling bullets after I hit pressure signs. Bullets ruined, brass worked, etc....

Requires a different seating process than most of us use, so a little more cumbersome. And there is this wind problem in Kansas City....... Makes loading outdoors a PITA.

I'm a Nebraska native, so I understand your comments on wind.

I had already switched over all my calibers to the Wilson seaters, so all I had to get was the small arbor for the range.

The breeze on my scale is what pushed me to the vials….load them with the different powder weights so all I have to do is dump them into the funnel at the range.

I'm a Nebraska native, so I understand your comments on wind.

I had already switched over all my calibers to the Wilson seaters, so all I had to get was the small arbor for the range.

The breeze on my scale is what pushed me to the vials….load them with the different powder weights so all I have to do is dump them into the funnel at the range.

Obviously, a windy day is a bad day to shoot a ladder or progressive groups anyhow.

Very interesting idea, but would require a departure in process for many of us.