• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Powder Valley Federal 215 Large Rifle Magnum Primers

I was very fortunate a couple weeks ago. Called one of my favorite "scenic" shop stops, randomly, and asked what primers they had in stock, if any.

It cost me a 2 hour drive each way, but ended up with 2 bricks of 215's. $95/each…otd. Add in the $25 in gas For the trip up and back. I was just happy to find some at a reasonable price.

And before you ask me where I got them; typically only sells to locals, no shipping, cash only. 😎

I was very fortunate a couple weeks ago. Called one of my favorite "scenic" shop stops, randomly, and asked what primers they had in stock, if any.

It cost me a 2 hour drive each way, but ended up with 2 bricks of 215's. $95/each…otd. Add in the $25 in gas For the trip up and back. I was just happy to find some at a reasonable price.

And before you ask me where I got them; typically only sells to locals, no shipping, cash only. 😎
Yeah, sounds like the soup nazi in Seinfeld.....and some Chinese takeout places I used to frequent in Houston where if you tried to use a credit card, they yelled at you through the drive thru window, CASH ONLY!!

Theres a place here in Michigan that lets you use credit card, but if ya aint a local, ya need to show cause for service, and limit is always 1--local or not.
Local is worse cause they remember you came in and bought a pound of Retumbo last week at 2:45 PM on Wednesday.

Local LGS has its quirks, and pros and cons.....🙂🤔

I just got a call from powder valley that they over sold the primers and I would not be getting my order. This just sucks.

I just got a call from powder valley that they over sold the primers and I would not be getting my order. This just sucks.
How is that even possible these days? They spend money "improving" their inventory system only to still have that issue.

I got notification and a tracking number as well. Hopefully you guys get your primers.
So sorry.....If I were you, I would phone customer service and request they kindly either set aside the next 215s they get for you at the same price, or they give you a discount or egift card or something to show they value their customers and try to make right their wrongs.

Id call.

Prices are here to stay, for the most part.
Keep an eye out at the other retailers, they are also back in stock primers.