Powder Sticking to Inside of Powder Measure

Reloader222

I have recently upgraded to a Harrel Bench Rest Powder Measure, but have found powder sticking to the inside of the powder measure. I have cleaned it out with thinners, but the powder is still sticking to the inside. What can the cause of this be and what can I do. Your advise is much appreciated.

if it is static making the powder stick, take a dryer sheet and rub both inside and outside, should solve the problem. Also sometimes if you use very long powder it jams up inside, if this is the problem and if the drop tube is adjustable you might try moving it down a bit. the problem w/ long extruded powder is it does not meter well. Also a drop tube w/ a larger opening will help where the smaller ones tend to clog.

Yes it's static as Truc said. Dryer sheet or they make a spray product for clothes, wrinkle free or some something that works great. I spray and wipe my bench with it regularly. Also a static proof mat in front of your bench aids with all as well.

i had this happen also and i used some graphite from a tube i bought at o'riellys and it worked great just put a little in a run it through and put it in a container for later gun graphite is already in gun powder so it won't hurt it, what little is left, i have heard dryer sheet work also but they can't get through to the inside unless you disassemble your powder measure

I have cleaned it out with Benzine, but there was still a few sticky powder flakes left. Thereafter I puffed in with graphite and it was fixed. Many thanks for your advise!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.