powder funnel blues

I have the Lyman funnel set. Its ok but I had some issues with it. The caliber specific inserts use rubber o-rings to hold the insert in the funnel. I noticed due to friction the inserts would push back out a 16th inch or so which allowed powder to get into the gap between the insert and the funnel causing a few kernels of power not to drop onto the cartridge case. I put a very small amount of silicon grease on the o-ring which allowed the insert to push all the way into the funnel and stay in place.

Also so on some cartridges, the inserts don't fit the necks closely and lean badly or even fall off when placed on my 6.5 CM cases. As I don't load for any .243 cartridges, I drilled out the .243 insert to fit the .264 case necks and now I'm able to place the funnel on a cartridge in a loading tray without it leaning or falling off.

Attachments

• Lyman Funnel Set.PNG
    Lyman Funnel Set.PNG
    215.1 KB · Views: 70
I have been using my RCBS powder funnel since 1979. I'm tired of spilling fine ball powder around 22 caliber necks. My funnel just barely fits on a 22 neck, any misalignment and the powder spills out around the neck. I wonder if the RCBS 17-20 cal funnel would fit on 22 cal necks. What do you use successfully?
Satern static free. No complaints

I have to agree on matching the powder funnel as close to the neck as possible. I too, started with the RCBS funnel and still use it occasionally for handgun cases but have now taken to using the machined metal ones from Lyman, etc. The other "upside" is not having the static problem that plastic has. Since I tend to leave reloading gear such as scales in their boxes to save benchtop space, I always know where they are, helpful to an "old" curmudgeon.

I bought a funnel kit from Lyman and LOVE it!Not plastic so no powder sticking in the funnel anymore and inserts for the calibers I reload for.
22,6mm,25 cal,270,30,338.
It don't have a 35 cal but the 338 fits perfectly.
Has a case so it stores well.
I have this setup also and LOVE it as well. No spillage and no "sticky" powders. Might be the solution to your problem.