Please help with suggestions for .340 Wby reloading

DMP25-06

I have a .340 Weatherby Mark V that I am having trouble building accurate loads for .
Do any of you members of LRH.com have load data , using 250 gr. bullets , Fed. 215 primers , and any of the 3 following powders :
H1000 , Retumbo , and IMR 7828 ssc .
These are the powders and primers that I have , and the bullets are Sierra 250 gr. Match King BC=.600 , and Sierra 250 gr. Game King BC=.565 .
The rifle has been rebarreled with a 26" Douglas SS Premium XX with a Holland Brake , 1 - 10" twist , heavy magnum contour [ .750 muzzle diameter ] , and epoxy bedded into an Accumark stock .
Thank You ,
DMP25-06

DMP, I loaded H1000 with Nosler Partitions and the 215 primers for a friend's buffalo hunt. Shot very well, but the only other powder tried was H4831SC which is the only powders he had. I see no reason not to try the other powders you have, since every rifle likes something different. By the way, that is a nice rifle you described. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.