Pictures of bubble level ...

dwm

Well, of course I couldn't contain myself and just had to have one of these after that great thread. So here are some pictures for those who don't have one and have not seen one yet.

image1.jpg

image7.jpg

image14.jpg

image15.jpg

I bought one of the other types that mount as a ring on a scope body but haven't mounted it yet. May post some pictures if it also.

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited by: dwm ]

DWM, somehow I missed that thread so if possible please direct me to it.

In the meantime, where did you get that bubble level? I have the one that clamps around the scope tube from Sinclair but yours appears to be much more useful when behind the rifle that is on the bipod. Cost?

it's made by B-Square, and costs less than $15 as I recall.

One warning: make sure your rings are high enough that the bottom of your scope tube will allow the level to fit. Otherwise, you'll put a dent in your scope as you tighten the rings down.
frown.gif

mad.gif

(I learned by doing...)

Nate

I had my scope already mounted and ground off some material in the level so it'd fit. I can see how a fella could bend a scope tube though, just a little too bid for the space available.

Good safety tip.

Nate--i must have been awhile since you bought yours--they are 25.95 from brownells.

are they cheaper anywhere else??

JB

Can someone tell me how high the B-square bubble level is above the top surface of the rail underneath the scope tube.
I have .290" from the top of my rail to the bottom of my scope tube.
Will this bubble level mount on a Picatinny rail?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, this level is made to mount on a picatinny rail. I think mine was $17 or so.
They hardly weigh anything and don't get in the way like you might think they do.
Oh, and they are reversable so you can use them on either side of the scope.

I bought it from Brownells at around $25.

It measures 0.25 inches thick above the rail.

Does not require a slot in the rail.

I'm thinking blue Locktite on the screw. (I blue locktite everything ...)

Haven't got to try it out as it rained all weekend.

I use the same level. When shooting from a bench, I have little difficulty keeping things stright up and down. In the field, off a bipod, things are different. Changing locations, uneven ground, visual obstacles, and prairie dog fever all add up to canting your rig. The level is a nice tool that helps you 'learn' the proper position for you and your rifle. As time goes by and your experience increases, you'll find yourself less dependent upon the device.

Anything that boosts shooter confidence is generally a good thing.

Cheers.

I found it at Mid South Shooters Supply for $17.50 and will be ordering one Monday. There are two styles listed. I believe the one I need for my IOR incline rail is the Weaver style. Correct?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.