Petraeus, Kelly form new gun control group

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why any one who hunts or is a gun owner would every support facebook?????? I just don't get it.

Randy

I tried to use the link, and I said it was "leaving Facebook" I chose not to follow. I can't say that it's an unsafe site, but that's what I decided.

Randy,
I stay on Facebook mostly as a way to see what my kids are up to. This includes a fairly young crowd I work with, kind of a water cooler, coffee pot thing,

I don't know that it's worth it, but I've been in a conversation, about this most recent terror event. A shirt tail friend of an in-law started on the guns, tried to make her self appear reasonable, and Oh so concerned. She basically just now hung up on me. LOL.
Tried to tell me the definition of a word she pulled out of....well wherever she got her definitions it wasn't in the dictionary a lot of us use. The info I provided sources for she never refuted, or impeached-basically my last statement to her.

No I did not change a thing in her mind. I was however able to get her to show her stripes, I think I did change a few minds in the discussion from some of the legitimate I didn't know that folks.

Letting this stuff stand uncontested is a mistake, and one I've been at least able to dispel the myth everybody supports it.

It can be a tough corral to walk through, and keep your boots clean, but at the end of the day stalls have to get mucked.

I had a proud moment a few days ago, posted a picture of a kid, with his first hog. Got reported and taken down 3X, but between me, and his Mom reposting it, it did stick. Given the support from a bunch of friends calling out whoever did it, finally caved.

He got some public support, protection, and affirmation from some his elders, that meant a lot to him. I can live with that.

Carl, good for you for standing your ground and I totally get the connection between facebook and family. I have a lot of friends who are diehard conservatives and they basically do the facebook thing also to keep in touch with friends and family. Guess I am just too black and white to do it.

Randy

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why any one who hunts or is a gun owner would every support facebook?????? I just don't get it.

Randy

Really Randy?

Sorry the link upset you so much, Don't even know how the link got to Facebook, that wasn't the one I posted...But either way, a small google search would have confirmed the story I tried to post

You can't get family pictures anymore from anyone....Either you are on Facebook, or forget about seeing the grand-kids, nieces, nephews etc.

Between this, and the Government is trying to destroy our "right to due process" with the so called "no fly list" and the 'terror watch list", you would think folks on a long range hunting forum would have a bit more of a concern for that?

The NRA is even talking about how they can consider doing this to keep guns out of terrorist hands...

This is unconstitutional and we have political anti-gun politicians that is about to strip some more of the 2nd Amendment...and the 4th, 5th and even the 1st....In the name of "safety" of course..:rolleyes:

Petraeus, Mark Kelly form new gun control group | TheHill

Yes, really.
I was not upset in the least bit at the link which i dI'd not even open. I choose NOT to support or belong to facebook. I happen to get my information from other sources that are not from facebook and I would consider myself a fairly educated and reasonable person. I hear all the time that "the only reason I am on Facebook is because of my family and kids." Well, as with everything, it is all about choices. Glad you like it---I don't and won't support them.

Randy

I never said I liked or supported Facebook...

I really couldn't care less on anyone's opinion about Facebook....

Does anyone have a opinion on the original topic?

Guess I am just too black and white to do it. Randy

It never gets more than 51-49 for me, and I get the short comings of the company. It's one of those things I do, that I wouldn't try to sell to anybody.

OP, My apologies for getting sidetracked by the link, I'll try another source for the info your trying to get out. Thanks

It never gets more than 51-49 for me, and I get the short comings of the company. It's one of those things I do, that I wouldn't try to sell to anybody.

OP, My apologies for getting sidetracked by the link, I'll try another source for the info your trying to get out. Thanks

Yup, I got sidetracked also but just hits a nerve.....................

Anyhoo..............I think we all better keep our heads up because for whatever reason, this time around, things just seem a wee bit different. I have never seen so much talk about banning "assault" weapons especially coming from some folks who had never talked about it much before.

Randy

Well with probably over 4 million "Modern Sporting Rifles" in the hands of Americans today, a ban on them would accomplish nothing if they were to grandfather the existing ones. It wouldn't do anything to stop domestic terrorism for probably 50 years. So, I think the government needs to come up with something better than reinstating the previous ban. The problems facing our country are MUCH more urgent and can't wait 50 flipping years. Democrats need to get off their asses and start doing something other than banning ar15s.

The veteran suicide very rate is very very sad. Again a ban on assault weapons would not help. It just seems they jump on the same old crazy solution for everything.... They need to step up to the plate and provide way better mental health care for veterans.

This is more than just the so called "assault" weapons ban...

The 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, parts of the 6th and 13th Amendments are under attack from these so called bureaucrats and do gooders who know more than us peasant Americans what is best for us.

Our idiot Senator Democrat Senator from W.V. Joe Manchin, came against "Due process" and said that is the problem and is the reason we are being killed, not, Radical Islam..

Dem Senator: Due Process Is Killing US | The Daily Caller

I'll never understand, we are at war, the Soldiers are the CITIZENS and we are being told you must be disarmed to fight it!

If there is anytime in our history we need to fight this insanity and power grab of our government, this is it...

Here is a link to the story

Generals Clark, McChrystal, Petraeus join new Giffords gun control group

Here is the best comment on the article
"Maybe they could form a group that works against talking stupidly about their superiors in front of a hostile reporter and giving classified materials to junior officers they are banging while deployed away from their wives. That would seem to be a better fit for this crowd. Or maybe how to revive a career after being fired in disgrace, they have a good bit of expertise in that field, too."

Either way this is not good for us. In the last few decades we have been fortunate that our adversaries have been window licking idiots like Feinstein, Hitlery, and the usual morons in hollywood. This new group supposedly includes the former NSA director as well. So now we have a former CIA and NSA director conspireing against us now. Not good.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.