• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Peterson 6.5 PRC brass demand?

Tikka Lover

Official LRH SPONSOR
Hey guys, still a strong demand for the Peterson 6.5 PRC brass? I have a bunch coming to put on the site and was seeing if I should add more to it if the demand is there. Let me know what you think.

Hey guys, still a strong demand for the Peterson 6.5 PRC brass? I have a bunch coming to put on the site and was seeing if I should add more to it if the demand is there. Let me know what you think.
The demand on all brands of 6.5prc has definitely decreased. For now, gone are the days of $220 for 100 pcs of Lapua. A lot, if not all, of these brass manufacturers ramped up production to meet those increased demands. Accordingly, they seem to have closed the gap and now there is some stock that is sitting on some shelves. People are still buying brass for their own stock but the price has to be competitive.
With all that being said, I'm still paying $90 +tax for 50 pcs of ADG and seeing Lapua on shelves for $160 +tax/100 pcs.

I have not tried Peterson 6.5 PRC. I would be interested on 100. Also 280AI & 284

+1 on the Peterson 280AI brass. I need some to fire form cases for my 25-06AI barrel that will arrive soon.

Me 4 on Peterson 280ai... wanting to do a build for my elk hunt but cant find brass so will go another route on build now most likely

@Tikka Lover right here in 5 people you will sell maybe 30-40 boxes of 280 AI not including people who are lurking and wanting to buy up a bunch as well. Please don't forget to hold my 10 boxes and I hope you give my brothers here who commented on this post for 280 AI Peterson brass dibs as well!! Thank you!!

@Tikka Lover right here in 5 people you will sell maybe 30-40 boxes of 280 AI not including people who are lurking and wanting to buy up a bunch as well. Please don't forget to hold my 10 boxes and I hope you give my brothers here who commented on this post for 280 AI Peterson brass dibs as well!! Thank you!!
That is great and all but the thread is asking about 6.5 PRC brass. I don't have any 280 Ai brass. I'll see what I can do.

@Tikka Lover Yes… Sorry about that! If this was a year ago it would sell out in minutes. Today it might take some time but it would sell. There's some interest in new 6mm PRC and 25 PRC chamberings but the 6.5 PRC Peterson brass is on the thicker side for necking down and I've had an easier time with Lapua, Hornady and ADG but its just from my experiences.

I would be in for some as well, will end up spinning up a second 6.5 prc sherman improved so it will be any of the major three brands would pref perterson over lapua and adg is right there with Peterson.

Recent Posts