Peterson 338 Norma brass

billcaldwell

I just had my second 338 Norma built. I've used Norma brass for the first one, and I'm waiting for 200 Pieces of Lapua brass for the second rifle. In the mean time, I ordered 50 pieces of Peterson brass from Brownell's to try. The Peterson necks are .0015 thicker than the Norma necks, and at the web they measure .0580, where the Norma measures .0583. I remember a thread in the past that said Peterson was going to make their cases .0583 on future batches. I can't find the thread. If anyone could tell me where to find it, I'd appreciate it. I can't believe I got some from the first batch from Brownell's.

I just had my second 338 Norma built. I've used Norma brass for the first one, and I'm waiting for 200 Pieces of Lapua brass for the second rifle. In the mean time, I ordered 50 pieces of Peterson brass from Brownell's to try. The Peterson necks are .0015 thicker than the Norma necks, and at the web they measure .0580, where the Norma measures .0583. I remember a thread in the past that said Peterson was going to make their cases .0583 on future batches. I can't find the thread. If anyone could tell me where to find it, I'd appreciate it. I can't believe I got some from the first batch from Brownell's.
My Peterson came in also It's.0583 and the neck thickness is .015

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.