Old Burris Black Diamond

junior71

I have a Old Burris Black Diamond 8x32 on a 7stw. What is the best way to go about setting it up for a 1000 yrds?
As everyone knows, this old girl lacks moa elevation adjustment. I don't have the cash for a scope right now, so I am trying to get by with her.

EGW 20 moa base. I have them on 3 rifles. I used Burris Extreme Tactical rings on 2 of them and Burris Signature Z rings on the other.
Tarey

Thanks guys, good read FEENIX. I don't know if 20 moa will be enough, but I have to start some where. I havn't chrono my new load yet, but its gona be around 3100- 168grn berger.

I agree with Tarey, you should have plenty with 20 MOA base. Using Berger's ballistic calculator and your info, you need ~23 MOA depending on other variables.

If your scope has 50 MOA (+25/-25) elevation adjustment, 25 scope MOA elevation + 20 MOA = 45 MOA.

Good luck!

Ed

The old Burris has 39 moa if I remember right? But the 20 moa egw should be in the ball park.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.