Norma ammo

archanfire

Hello all I hope this finds you safe and well. I just wanted to share my recent experience with Norma ammo. They had a string of sales happening and I thought I would give them a shot as I've read/heard nothing but good about them. The first order consisted of 556 range ammo(just testing the waters). They shipped a couple of days after the order and arrived after a heavy snow. My local idiot fed ex driver dropped it off at the mouth of my driveway, where it sat for 2 hours before I got home(no signature required for delivery). Got them inside to inspect and dry out. Damage to the boxes appeared to be mainly moisture related, but closer inspection indicated that there might be more to it than that. The ammo appeared to be fine otherwise, with no dents, dings, etc. I called Norma to inform them of what happened(even though most of the damage was due to delivery malpractice), and to let them file an insurance claim should they desire. The rep told me they don't insure their orders, but would replace any "damaged" rounds if I mailed them back. As things appear to be OK with the ammo(have not shot any yet) and not wanting to deal with the hassle of ORMd shipping, I decided to let it slide. I then placed another order for some bulk 308 FMJ, and was prepared to give FedEx a piece of my mind if they delivered the same way again. When the 308 order arrived, I was home and the driver had braved the 75yd long driveway to my porch, where the other driver had not under similar conditions. The outer shipping box was in the best condition it could possibly be and I thought everything was going to be good. Wrong. After I opened the box, there were boxes that had busted open and the rest were on the verge of it. Upon inspecting the boxes, it appeared Norma just used a piece of tape to hold 2 sides of the box together(top flap to front side). I contacted Norma again, this time via email including pictures of everything. Three weeks have gone by with no response. No apology, no offer of refund, no go to Hell, no nothing. I cannot say the ammo is bad as I have yet to try it, but I've had to buy extra storage boxes to handle the loose(and was soon to be loose) rounds making the sale they had worthless.

I know I'm relatively new here and don't have much credit to my profile/name, but I thought I would try to inform as many people as I can so they know what could happen should they order from them.

I wish you all the best, and God bless

P.S.- My apologies if this is in the wrong thread

Attachments

• 20220116_222739.jpg
    20220116_222739.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220116_223102.jpg
    20220116_223102.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220124_095217.jpg
    20220124_095217.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220124_095228.jpg
    20220124_095228.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220124_095235.jpg
    20220124_095235.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Well, it looks like you've started the "I'm not happy" in the right spot, a big audience, let Norma know you're passing it around on the other forums as well and they might just get back to you. Good luck...

Hello all I hope this finds you safe and well. I just wanted to share my recent experience with Norma ammo. They had a string of sales happening and I thought I would give them a shot as I've read/heard nothing but good about them. The first order consisted of 556 range ammo(just testing the waters). They shipped a couple of days after the order and arrived after a heavy snow. My local idiot fed ex driver dropped it off at the mouth of my driveway, where it sat for 2 hours before I got home(no signature required for delivery). Got them inside to inspect and dry out. Damage to the boxes appeared to be mainly moisture related, but closer inspection indicated that there might be more to it than that. The ammo appeared to be fine otherwise, with no dents, dings, etc. I called Norma to inform them of what happened(even though most of the damage was due to delivery malpractice), and to let them file an insurance claim should they desire. The rep told me they don't insure their orders, but would replace any "damaged" rounds if I mailed them back. As things appear to be OK with the ammo(have not shot any yet) and not wanting to deal with the hassle of ORMd shipping, I decided to let it slide. I then placed another order for some bulk 308 FMJ, and was prepared to give FedEx a piece of my mind if they delivered the same way again. When the 308 order arrived, I was home and the driver had braved the 75yd long driveway to my porch, where the other driver had not under similar conditions. The outer shipping box was in the best condition it could possibly be and I thought everything was going to be good. Wrong. After I opened the box, there were boxes that had busted open and the rest were on the verge of it. Upon inspecting the boxes, it appeared Norma just used a piece of tape to hold 2 sides of the box together(top flap to front side). I contacted Norma again, this time via email including pictures of everything. Three weeks have gone by with no response. No apology, no offer of refund, no go to Hell, no nothing. I cannot say the ammo is bad as I have yet to try it, but I've had to buy extra storage boxes to handle the loose(and was soon to be loose) rounds making the sale they had worthless.

I know I'm relatively new here and don't have much credit to my profile/name, but I thought I would try to inform as many people as I can so they know what could happen should they order from them.

I wish you all the best, and God bless

P.S.- My apologies if this is in the wrong thread
BUMMER! Was there a description of the condition of the sale, i.e., blemished, damaged packaging, etc., to forewarn the potential buyers?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like you've started the "I'm not happy" in the right spot, a big audience, let Norma know you're passing it around on the other forums as well and they might just get back to you. Good luck...
Good to know I got the right spot lol. I have a very 'shut up and listen' approach to life, so while I've been a member for a while, I've learned much from this site but hardly posted anything.

I did let Norma know some time after sending the pics that I would be spreading the word, but still crickets from them. Guess I'm just 1 guy....

BUMMER! Was there a description of the condition of the sale, i.e., blemished, damaged packaging, etc., to forewarn the potential buyers?
There was no mention of it that I had seen, unless it was in some fine print somewhere. I have attached the email 'flyer' I received from them. I just clicked on the link which took me to their site, where I proceeded to place my order Thank you for your input and willingness to explore all possibilities

Attachments

• norma ad.png
    norma ad.png
    720.6 KB · Views: 12
Good to know I got the right spot lol. I have a very 'shut up and listen' approach to life, so while I've been a member for a while, I've learned much from this site but hardly posted anything.

I did let Norma know some time after sending the pics that I would be spreading the word, but still crickets from them. Guess I'm just 1 guy....
Sent or call in again, perhaps getting a differnt rep might get your complaint pushed higher up, it's worked for me in the past. One squeaky wheel on a wagon is all it takes sometimes. Good luck.