No good place for this question, so I'll put it here....... Value of gun with a Fajen stock. Better, less, neither?

cdherman

I have this old M94 Swede that caused me to fall in love with the 6.5mm bullet years before it became all the craze. My Swede got sporterized in the 60s or 70s I'd guess, as there were many of those coming from Sweden in those days. Has an interarms stamp.

But the bubba that did it, sprang for a nice looking Reinhardt Fajen stock. The M94 I have was a carbine, so it never got cut off. Its only an 18" barrel, but it shoots very well. Quite accurate, under 1" with any load that a decent shooter fires. The bore looks perfect. Amazing in fact. With my newish teslong borescope that I can really recommend.

But an 18" 6.5x55 swede on an old slightly weak Mauser action is not much of a power play. I have another 6.5x55 Tikka T3 lite that doesn't shoot always as well, but I can load it to "LOTS FASTER". And there's a 6.5x284 with a 26" bbl that's throwing 156 bergers at 2900 fps.....

How to find a new owner? How much? Really more, how to find someone who values the gun. Real problem these days I think is that we have too many cheap plastic stocked guns. This gun would be a great gun for a young shooter. Would teach them how guns can be pretty, have a story, and need to be cared for all at the same time......

Just killing time while my tumbler shines some brass and I can't go to bed!!!!!

Some pictures would help......Not hard to find a new owner if the price is right! I have a soft spot for the old swedes and may even be interested in it myself. Those shorties do make a great youth gun which is what I'd want one for.

I've purchased rifles just for the stock and then sold it with the unwanted stock on it.

Bubba's Fajen stock is not so nice anymore, I should clarify. I think it would be, if I carefully sanded and refinished it. And the inletting is crap, though its now glass bedded so the mess that someone originally did is no longer an accuracy issue.

I think the youth gun idea is good. Quite a bit more put down power in a swede, versus a traditional youth cartridge such as a .243. Perhaps I'll put a flyer at my local gun club to that effect.

Some of you have asked for pics. I'll try but its not that I am really trying to sell it here. I don't think it has enough value to mess with shipping , FFL etc...

I beg to differ, I have bought a few good ole' mausers and such on here. Shipping and FFL are usually only $60 or less total. Well worth it if priced right for nice piece of vintage iron in my mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.