Ammo value/ sold with gun it was loaded for?

Beelzebub

So let's say you have a particular gun for sale. A gun that shoots 1/2" or better, but only with ammo you have worked hard to develop?

Even 3 years ago before the fall out, a box of Remington CorLoks were a minimum of $25. What if this rifle has more than 1 or 2 loads that it really likes. If you offered a hundred or 200 or 500 rounds meticulously loaded, what you you ask for them? What if they aren't the best loads for a gun identical to the one you are selling with or without the accurate loads? Do you pull the bullets and reload them for gun number 2 or what?

I'm specifically asking about an RPR in 243 Winchester with a 7.7:1 twist and shoots Berger 115's into the same hole all day. But I don't have another 243 that will stabilize the 115s. If you were buying a gun and were offered the bullets to go with it, what would you be willing to pay for 100 of them? $1/each or maybe more.

I'm getting ready to "thin the herd" a little and I guess reduce the number of rounds on the shelves. If I sell reloaded ammo am I liable if it goes boom and causes injury? I've never sold any of my loads and was very very particular who I even reloaded for in the past. I only load for myself now. Just asking questions to see what people's thought ar.

tks in advance,
Beelzebub

IMO they aren't worth alot separate from the gun they were loaded for. I would just factor the ammo in with the price you are willing to sell gun and ammo for as a package. If it were me it would be worth quite a bit for the ammo and the recipe if it shoots. Could save quite a bit of money on the receiving end if it's a bullet I want to shoot. Not a very good answer but it's all I have. I am sure other people will say they would want to cook up their load but for myself time is money. Maybe when I retire that won't be the case but for now it is.

My way of thinking, if I were selling. I would pull the bullets and offer the bullets/brass as a package and would include load data for that particular firearm that you know works very well. I do not want the liability if someone does something they shouldn't and then try to make me liable for their actions. If I was buying the firearm and someone "gave" me their home rolls, I would pull the bullets and load them myself, testing load data that was sent with the firearm. I personally would not sell my reloads, I would not shoot someone else's reloads, and I would absolutely verify someone else's load data.

So let's say you have a particular gun for sale. A gun that shoots 1/2" or better, but only with ammo you have worked hard to develop?

Even 3 years ago before the fall out, a box of Remington CorLoks were a minimum of $25. What if this rifle has more than 1 or 2 loads that it really likes. If you offered a hundred or 200 or 500 rounds meticulously loaded, what you you ask for them? What if they aren't the best loads for a gun identical to the one you are selling with or without the accurate loads? Do you pull the bullets and reload them for gun number 2 or what?

I'm specifically asking about an RPR in 243 Winchester with a 7.7:1 twist and shoots Berger 115's into the same hole all day. But I don't have another 243 that will stabilize the 115s. If you were buying a gun and were offered the bullets to go with it, what would you be willing to pay for 100 of them? $1/each or maybe more.

I'm getting ready to "thin the herd" a little and I guess reduce the number of rounds on the shelves. If I sell reloaded ammo am I liable if it goes boom and causes injury? I've never sold any of my loads and was very very particular who I even reloaded for in the past. I only load for myself now. Just asking questions to see what people's thought ar.

tks in advance,
Beelzebub
I will never shoot someone else's reloads! yes you are opening yourself up for some liability.if someone was to take them I don't believe they're reloading them selves and just aren't thinking about the possible consequences.

I will never shoot someone else's reloads! yes you are opening yourself up for some liability.if someone was to take them I don't believe they're reloading them selves and just aren't thinking about the possible consequences.
There are many people I know who I would not be afraid and have not been afraid to shoot ammo they have loaded. There are also people on this site that if they sent me some hand loads I wouldn't be afraid to pull the trigger on. To me it's no worse than someone doing a brake job for you or installing a boiler/furnace in your house. It could burn your house down or kill you with carbon monoxide. Just saying loading a safe round isn't that difficult. And maybe I am just dumb enough to be the one who pulls the trigger. I do understand the liability part.

IMO they aren't worth alot separate from the gun they were loaded for. I would just factor the ammo in with the price you are willing to sell gun and ammo for as a package. If it were me it would be worth quite a bit for the ammo and the recipe if it shoots. Could save quite a bit of money on the receiving end if it's a bullet I want to shoot. Not a very good answer but it's all I have. I am sure other people will say they would want to cook up their load but for myself time is money. Maybe when I retire that won't be the case but for now it is.
At today's shortages and prices, it's hard to load a quality load for under $1 each. I suppose I could just provide the load data to the buyer. But as you said, if none of my other guns of same caliber will shoot them, they ain't no good to me!

At today's shortages and prices, it's hard to load a quality load for under $1 each. I suppose I could just provide the load data to the buyer. But as you said, if none of my other guns of same caliber will shoot them, they ain't no good to me!
After reading these other posts I realize I was only focused on the value of the buyer for what you were selling. The other posters are correct. The legal and liability implications outweigh the value for the seller.